What is the cost of shipping an automobile across the country? It can cost anywhere between $500 and $1,500 if you intend to relocate your vehicle using an open-air carrier. Continue reading for more information on car shipping expenses, including the factors that influence the cost of transferring your car across the country.
Cars are a convenient option to move from one place to another, but what if you are not comfortable driving long distances! Various options for shipping an automobile across the nation, as well as car-specific considerations influence the cost. Booking a space on a vehicle transporter is one of the best techniques for moving an automobile like car. In simple words, hire a shipping company to ship your car to your new location.
When it comes to enclosed carrier services, they offer better security than the open-air carrier services. Enclosed carrier services are quite costly too. They might cost you around 40% to 50% more than the open-air carrier services. If you are looking for the best car shipping services then try the services of shipping companies like Ship a Car, Inc. This shipping company is very popular for its services since many years. Besides, they offer both open air carrier and enclosed carrier services.
What factors influence the shipping cost?
The values above are estimations rather than actual data. While we can make an educated guess about the cost of transporting an automobile, there is no way to know for sure unless you see the complete picture.
The cost of car transport is generally determined by the seven key elements listed below.
- Distance Travelled: It should come as no surprise that the longer you need to transport your automobile, and the more expensive it will be to send it. When you drive long distances, the expense of tolls and fuels and labor may soon mount up. Short-distance moves will cost lesser than the longer moves.
- Time of the year: When it comes to the season, there are a few things to consider. When demand is high, you may have to pay extra for vehicle shipping. This usually happens in the summer and spring.
- Weight and Size of your Car: Automobile carriers can only carry a certain number of automobiles and a certain amount of weight. In simple words, the larger your car or the more the weight, it can be expensive to transport your car across the country. For example, transporting a huge SUC can cost you more than transporting an ordinary car.
- Vehicle Model: Shipping cost also depends on the vehicle model. If you are planning to ship a classic or a luxury car across the country, it can cost you more. The reason for this is high-end automobiles frequently require particular care and services, which results in more transportation charges.
- Transport Method: The shipping cost also depends on the transportation method i.e., open air carrier or enclosed carrier.
Choose the best shipping company today to transport your favorite car across the country safely!